This week let's talk about "Comm I":
Why you should register for Communication I this spring:
Let me tell you about the professor, and then about the class:
- The Professor: Rev. Richard Harris is the senior pastor of Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church, a growing church with weekly worship attendance of 500 adults in Houston, TX. Richard has been preaching gospel-centered, expository sermons on college campuses and in the local church for the past 14 years. He is currently pursuing a Doctor of Ministry degree (DMin) from Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, NC. The emphasis of his DMin is on Reformed Expository Preaching.
- The Class: the objectives of the class are:
- To foster confidence in the preached Word's ability to save, sanctify, and comfort God’s elect.
- To emphasize the role of the Holy Spirit in Biblical preaching
- To introduce students to the distinct nature of expository preaching
- To introduce students to the basic construction of sermons
- To explain the different elements of a sermon
- To introduce students to basic pulpit etiquette and technique
- See the Syllabus for this class.
- Listen to one of Rev. Harris’ latest sermons
Contact us: RTS Houston
RTS Houston: A Mind for Truth. A Heart for God