- About RTS
- Faculty & Staff
- Upcoming Classes
- News / Media
Ms. Sharon Hersh
Adjunct Professor of Counseling
» Counseling | Adjunct Faculty | Orlando
Bob Jones University, B.S.
Colorado Christian University, M.A.
Colorado Christian University, M.A.
Sharon Hersh is a licensed professional counselor, author, speaker, teacher and certified life coach. Ms. Hersh was appointed Adjunct Professor of Counseling at RTS Orlando in 2012 and served as guest faculty for seven years prior to that. She teaches RTS counseling courses on addiction and sexuality and supervises graduate intern counselors at the Oviedo Counseling Clinic.
In her active private counseling practice, Ms. Hersh helps women, men, couples, adolescents and families face addictions, relational and sexual struggles, adolescent issues, eating disorders, personal transformation and other challenges. She has published numerous books and articles related to counseling, parenting and personal growth.
Ms. Hersh frequently speaks and teaches at seminaries, universities, conferences and retreats. She currently serves as an Adjunct Professor of Counseling at Colorado Christian University and Seattle School of Theology and Psychology and as a Guest Lecturer at Denver University. She regularly hosts Beyond Addiction conferences, directs Women's Recovery & Renewal, a retreat ministry to struggling women and their caregivers and serves as co-host of True Sisterhood, a collaborative effort to promote relationships between women through a podcasts, publications and conferences. Ms. Hersh is also working with a cutting-edge technology company to write mobile phone apps that provide immediate access to health and hope.
Ms. Hersh is a member of the American Counseling Association and sits on the Advisory Board of Music for the Soul, a project to create music that lends support to people in unique and difficult seasons of life.
Ms. Hersh teaches spring semester courses in Orlando and lives the rest of the year in Lone Tree, CO. She has two adult children and loves to travel, read, run, listen to music and spend time with friends.
- Ms. Hersh's website: www.sharonhersh.com
- Ms. Hersh's collaborative podcast and publication project: True Sisterhood
- Ms. Hersh on Twitter: @sharonhersh
- Begin Again, Believe Again: Sustaining the Courage to Love with Abandon (Zondervan Publishing, 2010), click here to read an excerpt
- The Last Addiction: Why Self-Help is Not Enough (Waterbrook Publishers, 2009)
- Mom, Sex is NO Big Deal! Becoming Your Daughter’s Ally in Pursuing Sexual Purity (Waterbrook Publishers, 2006)
- Mom, Everyone Else Does! Becoming Your Daughter’s Ally in Resisting the Peer Pressure to Use Drugs & Alcohol (Shaw Publishing, 2005)
- Mom, I Hate My Life! Becoming Your Daughter’s Ally in Navigating the Emotional Ups and Downs of Adolescence (Shaw Publishing, 2004)
- Coauthor, Mothering Without Guilt: You and God, You and Others, You and Your Kids (Zondervan, 2003)
- Contributor, Prayer Path Study Bible (Zondervan, 2003)
- Mom, I Feel Fat! Becoming Your Daughter’s Ally in Developing a Healthy Body Image (Shaw Publishing, 2002)
- Bravehearts: Unlocking the Courage to Love with Abandon (Waterbrook Press, 2001)
- Contributor, Women of Faith Study Bible (Zondervan, 2001)
- “The Thirst for More,” in In Touch Magazine, January 2012
- "Only the Lonely," in MomSense Magazine, November/December 2006
- “Even Good Women Get Hooked,” in Today’s Christian Woman, July/August 1998
- “Resurrection Face: The Addict and the Artist,” in Mars Hill Review 10, Spring 1998
- “The Desperation of God: A Reflection on the Feminine Desire for Relationship,” in Mars Hill Review 9, Fall 1997
- "Redeemed Failure," in MomSense Magazine
- "Changing Directions," in MomSense Magazine
- "A Terrible Turning Point," Interview with Family Life, September 5, 2012
- "Help on the Path: Embracing Surrender," Interview with Family Life, September 6, 2012
- "The Desert of Estrangement," Interview with Family Life, September 7, 2012
- "Breaking Free From Addiction 1," Interview with Focus on the Family, August 6, 2012
- "Breaking Free from Addiction 2," Interview with Focus on the Family, August 7, 2012
- "Sex and Sexuality," Interview with Steve Brown, Etc., August 3, 2012
- "Navigating Your Teen's Emotional Storms 1," Interview with Focus on the Family, May 8, 2012
- "Navigating Your Teen's Emotional Storms 2," Interview with Focus on the Family, May 9, 2012
- "Holidays and Addiction," Interview with Steve Brown, Etc., December 3, 2010