Barrington College, B.A.
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, M. A.
University of Chicago, Ph.D.
NEH Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill)
Dr. Currid has been part of the RTS Faculty for 25 years, having served as Chair of the Biblical Studies Division in Jackson, Professor of Old Testament in Charlotte and now as Chancellor's Professor of Old Testament. Prior to coming to RTS, he served as Associate Professor of Religion at Grove City College. He is a trained archaeologist, having served on the staffs of the evacuations of Carthage (Tunisia), Bethsaida, Tell el-Hesi, and the Lahav Grain Storage Project (director). He lectures and preaches in many countries including Russia, Ukraine, Great Brittain, Australia, and Brazil. An ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America, Dr. Currid currently serves as Pastor of Teaching and Preaching at Sovereign Grace Church (PCA) in Charlotte.
- ESV Archaeology Study Bible (Senior Editor, Crossway, 2017)
- Ecclesiastes: A Quest for Meaning? (Evangelical Press, 2015)
- Against the Gods (Crossway, 2013)
- From Bitter to Sweet: Ruth (Evangelical Press, 2012)
- Strong and Courageous: Joshua (Evangelical Press, 2011)
- Crossway ESV Bible Atlas (Crossway, 2010)
- Genesis-Deuteronomy, 7 vols. (Evangelical Press, 2000-2009)
- Calvin and the Biblical Languages (Christian Focus, 2006)
- Why Do I Suffer? Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (Christian Focus, 2004)
- Doing Archaeology in the Land of the Bible (Baker, 1999)
- Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament (Baker, 1997)