Barrington College, B.A.
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, M. A.
University of Chicago, Ph.D.
NEH Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill)
Dr. Currid has been part of the RTS Faculty for 20 years, serving as both Chair of the Biblical Studies Division in Jackson and Professor of Old Testament in Charlotte. Prior to coming to RTS, he served as Associate Professor of Religion at Grove City College. He is currently an adjunct faculty member at the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies in Jerusalem, Israel. Dr. Currid serves as Project Director of the Bethsaida Excavations Project in Israel (1995-present). He lectures and preaches in many countries including Russia, Ukraine, Great Britain, Australia, and Brazil.
- Against the Gods (Crossway, 2013)
- From Bitter to Sweet: Ruth (Evangelical Press, 2012)
- Strong and Courageous: Joshua (Evangelical Press, 2011)
- Crossway ESV Bible Atlas (Crossway, 2010)
- Genesis-Deuteronomy, 7 vols. (Evangelical Press, 2000-2009)
- Calvin and the Biblical Languages (Christian Focus, 2006)
- Why Do I Suffer? Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (Christian Focus, 2004)
- Doing Archaeology in the Land of the Bible (Baker, 1999)
- Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament (Baker, 1997)