MDiv Emphasis in Campus Ministry
Ministry among college students is one of the most significant and strategic ways to develop the next generation’s church leaders and evangelize the lost. As a result of great interest in this area within our faculty and student body, the Institute for Reformed Campus Ministry (IRCM) at RTS Charlotte was formed in 2009. Briefly, our program consists of the following areas:
- A new degree emphasis. The IRCM includes a degree emphasis within the MDiv program that offers distinctive courses and electives in the area of campus ministry. These courses are taken in place of other courses already in the MDiv curriculum.
- Professors with campus ministry experience. Many of the specialized courses are taught by residential and visiting professors with a special degree of experience and expertise in campus ministry.
- The IRCM Fellowship. The future campus ministers and leaders enrolled in the IRCM will regularly meet together for the purposes of developing a community of fellowship, but also for creating an environment where ideas and strategies about campus ministry can be freely developed, discussed, and exchanged.
- Campus Ministry Opportunities. The city of Charlotte provides students with easy access to campus environments where ministry is taking place. Many universities and colleges exist within an hour of Charlotte. Students enrolled in the IRCM can complete their field hour requirements by serving with these campus ministries.
- Scholarships and funding. RTS Charlotte is committed to giving generous scholarship help to those connected with multiple national and international campus ministries.
Download the IRCM brochure